Photos by Reality and Retrospect
If you’ve followed me for some time you know wine is basically a food group in my diet…sorry I like to party. Needless to say, I’ve done some extensive taste testing when it comes to wine and I wanted to share my top picks with you.
- Black Mountain Cabernet Fat Cat– you can find it for $5.99 at Trader Joe’s (go ahead and buy two bottles or 4, save yourself a trip)
- The Dreaming Tree Cabernet– This is actually the Dave Matthews Band wine, along with booze I’m also obsessed with music so naturally this was a perfect little duo. I typically buy Cab in most reds but the Crush blend in this brand is actually pretty amazing, maybe better than the Cab. Try them both! Price point is $15 and under.
- Storyteller ‘Got Away’ Cabernet– Another great bottle to try, in most grocery stores for around $19 or less.
- Stag Leap Cabernet– Great wine to bring to a nice gathering or dinner, price point is typically right under $50.
- The Prisoner Cabernet– Another great higher price point wine, typically around $40.
- Decoy Cabernet– Cheaper sister wine to Duckhorn(which is also amazing), a great option costing around $25 or below.
- Relax Riesling– When and if I need a switch up from red wine I do enjoy this sweeter white wine option. Price point is around $7-8.
- Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio– This is by far one of my favorite Pino’s, cost is around $15.
- Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc– Great option for around $30.
- Belleruche Cotes-Du-Rhone Rose– Because day drinking is a real thing, duh! This is a great option around $15.
- California 37– A bonus one just because I crushed this last night and it was amazing, especially for only $8!
TV Shows: With all this vino you have to be watching something good on TV, here are my current favorites at the moment.
- This is Us– I mean….prob THE best show that has hit the network in a long time. How do they make me cry every Tuesday, how?! #TeamToby
- The Bachelor– Let me start by saying this is clearly a joke but it’s just one of those shows I can’t quit. Everything about it is ridiculous, staged and purely elfin stupid but ya know….it’s still my jam.
- The OA– I love a good Netflix series and I’m typically not the one to like anything Sci-Fi related but this was pretty awesome and def worth watching. Who wants to practice the dance moves with me?!
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills or Orange County– Because these girls are goals and there life is SO real….clearly rolling my eyes but yet again, love a good trashy drama.
- Girl Friends Guide to Divorce– This is such a cute show, kind of like the new age Sex In The City.
- Modern Family– This is def my daily comedy, I love all the characters so much but Phil may be my favorite for sure.
- Intervention– Curveball…whoaaaa but yes it’s true I’m the weirdo who loves watching this show. It blows my mind how drugs/booze can destroy someone’s life. The train wreck I can’t look away from.
- The Affair– Season 1 had me completely hooked, it’s so good.
- Secrets and Lies– Also another good drama, just finished season 2.
- Younger– This is a cheesy girly show, perfect to binge on flights, up to season 3 now.
I would love to hear your favorites, please share!!